Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What he's not tellin' ya...

We are careful about what we blog because our daughter is very intelligent.  She can read and write in Chinese very well, and can already read some English.  We know that she will soon be reading all that we have blogged, and we want to be respectful of that.
 
The reason the zoo got off to a "slow start" is because I had to have our guide have a little "chat" with Kennedy.  Mia sometimes annoys her, like sisters do.  Last night, Mia hugged her too hard and accidentally "choked her".  She returned the favor by doing it back.  I was NOT too pleased.  No real harm was done, but STILL!  This morning, Mia did something else irritating, and Kennedy basically spanked her.  Not hard or anything, but I have told Mia that she MUST tell me if Kennedy does something like that right away so I can immediately correct it.  I used the translator and told her "if sister does something you do not like, tell us and we will handle it.  Do not hit.  We do not allow it."  She seemed to understand, but I had David talk to her in Chinese about it.  I think she felt bad about "making me mad" and she was probably a bit embarassed.  She was a bit stand-off-ish for awhile, but came around.  Actually, she had accidentally broken the new sunglasses we bought her the other day.  She had been trying to fix them and finally presented them to me, broken, and looked scared and ashamed.  I told her it was OK and I hugged her.  She looked SO relieved, then went back to "normal".
 
Things are going VERY well with us in terms of bonding as a family.  It is not perfect, obviously...and I wanted y'all to know that.  We are SUPER blessed, but want everyone to know it is a process.  We also know the real adjustment will come in a few days when we are home and all that Kennedy knows is left behind.  Please pray for a smooth transition.

No comments: