Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Is it Christmas Already?

Last weekend, we finally got around to trimming the tree.  I put it up several days ago, but we never made time to hang the ornaments.  We spent half the season in China and didn't have a spare moment to put everything up.  I even ended up blowing off the outside lights this year.

Saturday morning, I just pulled out a couple of ornaments and let Mia get things started.  I gave one to Kennedy and then the two of them plowed through it like they were getting paid per ornament!  Annie and I usually police the placement and make sure that everything is basically spread out.  This year, I just let the kids do their thing.  We went back after the dust settled and cleaned up a few spots, but everything turned out pretty well. 

I didn't ask Kennedy if it was her first time to decorate a tree, but she seemed to genuinely enjoy it.  She had the enthusiasm of a young child, which was kind of refreshing.  When I started, I was kind of annoyed, because setting up the tree becomes more of a chore every year.  However, watching those girls have such a good time made me reevaluate my perspective.  It was a cool experience.



No comments: