Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Scream For Green Tea Ice Cream

We took a short walking trip to the Trust-Mart near the hotel this afternoon.  I needed some batteries and the girls had not been there yet.  We were all surprised to find out that you can buy dried starfish and seahorses for your next stew at the local Trust-Mart.  You can also get the best whole, defeathered, dried chickens that money can buy.  I really wish I'd gotten a photo of that one.  It was a train wreck.  I couldn't look and I couldn't not look.
 
After checking out, we went to the local Häagen-Dazs shop for some ice cream.  Mia had some vanilla and Annie had chocolate.  Big surprise.  Kennedy went off the map and had strawberry.  I finally got my green tea flavor.  It was stranger this time than last, but I enjoyed it.  It makes a nice photo too.
 
The ice cream shop was unlike any we've been in before.  We tried to order at the counter and were asked to sit at a table.  We were offered an ice cream fondue with about twelve flavors, plus cookies.  No thanks.  It was beautiful, but it would have done way more than spoil our dinner.  By the way, our server went by the western name "Lucky."  I never saw that one coming.

No comments: