Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Adding To The Skill Set

I took the girls roller skating today.  Kennedy has seemed interested in it.  I had no expectations about skill level, but she was pretty solid.  I did not see her skate backwards or do any street tricks, but she stayed up the entire time and navigated Mia as well or better than I did.  She wanted inline skates, so Mia got them too.  Both girls did pretty well.  If they are lucky, Santa will bring two pairs of inline skates for Christmas.

Mia laid out several times today, particularly early on.  Kennedy actually giggled out loud a couple of times, which was cute, if not a wee bit sadistic.  It's kind of like my mom, who finds others' pain and suffering to be humorous.  I will not tell the full story of the time my dad broke his thumb and my mom laughed at it, but I will confirm that it's a true story.  Kennedy seems to be cut from the same cloth, going back to the day that she laughed at me when I fell off of the bed in Guiyang while we were playing cards.  Oh well.  She'll find plenty of material in our house...

1 comment:

Sue said...

I am so glad you guys are home and safe. Erin rollerskated pretty good too.
Glad to hear you are getting giggles out of her.