Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ahh...sleep at last...followed by a Christmas Miracle!

So, I went out with my BFF, Corrie for dinner last night. We talked for hours, which I apparently needed really badly! I say that because last night, 8 full days after hitting US soil, I FINALLY slept most of the night! Thanks, Corrie, for listening, understanding and supporting me. Don't know WHAT I would do without you.

This morning, Charles called me into our home office to see something on the computer. He said there was something I HAD to see!! We received a comment on our blog several days ago from someone we do not know saying she would like to talk to us about our adoption journey. We have been SO busy settling in since we came home, that we just recently got to reply. She emailed us yesterday, and Charles opened it this morning. I can NOT get my brain around it yet. It is nothing short of a miracle. You can see the text below. I hope you are sitting down when you read it...

Hello,

I would love to hear about your journey and how God brought you to adopting your beautiful daughter, Kennedy. Adopting older children is where my heart is and I would love to do so as well some day. Your story is especially wonderful and special to me because it is a miracle beyond any other that I have seen in a long time! All adoptions are special, but I have prayed for yours almost daily for five years. I thought you may want to know a small part of how God brought about bringing precious Kennedy to her forever family. It sings Jesus' faithfulness and His passion and love for the orphaned and abandoned! See, I was there the day Kennedy was brought to the orphanage, and I followed her and kept checking on her until I had to come back to the United States in 2005. It broke my heart to leave, but Jesus promised me that the best thing I could do was pray for her even from so far away. So I have prayed for her almost every day since I left.

I just really wanted you to know at least this much of your story because I know it will be hard at times, but it will help to have more confirmation that your adoption was planned by the God of the universe! If you want to hear more details, or to tell me more about your journey, please write back.

 Have a blessed weekend,

Ummm.....are you crying too??????  I will post whatever is appropriate to share when we know more.  Thank you, God, for reminding us again that this is YOUR plan.  This person we do not know was praying for Kennedy's adoption 5 years ago, which is exactly when we started working on adopting Mia.  We adopted Mia 4 years ago, and if we had not done that, adopting a teen would have never been considered.  This plan of God has been in the works for FAR longer than we ever knew.

6 comments:

Corrie said...

So amazing! I have been thinking about this all day! It is such a wonderful story the just continues to evolve. It is so astonishing to witness a miracle and see God's plan right before your eyes. Honestly, I am a strong christian, but hearing all of this has even renewed my faith and made it stronger. What a blessing! Lots of Love, Corrie

Mike and Barb said...

Oh, that is an awesome story!!! Yes, these children are NOT forsaken!
Love, Barb

Sue said...

wow, that is so cool....

Anonymous said...

Hello Manning Family! I'm just catching up with the blessing that is Kennedy's adoption, and I wanted you all to know I am thinking of you. God has always had a plan for your lives, despite obstacles and doubters, there has always been HIS plan. Would love to hear all about your new family.
Much love and many blessing,

Erin Townsend

~Tami said...

What a beautiful e-mail. It definitely shows what God's plan was for your family. He knew all along that you and Kennedy were made for each other. I am so happy for ya'll!!! Love you and hope to see you soon!!

Carrie said...

Well you knew I'd be crying like a baby!!! The red thread!!!! Ok, thanks for the cry! What an amazing and evolving journey this has been! God had a plan for you from the start of your lives. Can't wait to see the rest of the journey! Big hugs!!!!