Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Guangzhou Zoo

Our zoo trip today started slow, but finished strong.  We ended up having a great time.  Kennedy and Mia took some pictures and the girls got to see some cool animals up close.  Kennedy took some pictures of some llamas and she came very close to getting head-butted by one.  The fence was really low.  You could pet them with very little difficulty.  I don't know that you are supposed to pet them, but you certainly could.  I held my hand out like I had some food and one of them sucked on my hand to try and get it.  It was not necessarily one for the bucket list, but I don't know many people that have been licked by a llama in China.
 
One of the other girls in our travel group came out of her shell a little bit today.  She has been shy and hiding in the background for most of the trip.  Today, her mom gave her a camera and told her to take some pictures for daddy.  So, she did.  She had a blast.  At one point, Annie went to get Kennedy to show her something and this girl and Kennedy were whispering something in Chinese.  Pretty cute.  She was smiling so big all day.
 
Yes, we got to see some pandas.  They had red pandas and a giant panda.  That was pretty cool.  We never got to see any lions, but there were plenty of tigers and bears. 
 
You thought it didn't you?  Oh my.....
 
Anyway, we saw an elephant, a hippo, various monkeys and so on.  The most unusual thing that we saw was a dog.  I think that it was a Tibetan Mastiff.  We also saw a donkey.  Not so exotic, said the group from Texas...

No comments: