Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bloody Mess

I forgot to tell a somewhat interesting story.  So…we went to bed after 1am.  I got the wake-up call at 6:30 and I put Mia in my bed before hitting the shower.  Charles is sleeping on a roll away in the living room of the suite.  The girls and I are in the bedroom in 2 beds barely wider than a twin.  (I thought they would be double beds…NOT!)  I have one bed and they are kind of squished in to the other.  I thought it would be a good idea to spread them out when I went to take my shower.

 

When I was ready, I came out to wake Kennedy to shower next.  I turned the light on and saw blood all over the pillow and on the sheet.  I kind of freaked out, wondering where Kennedy might be bleeding from.  Just then, I noticed blood in MY bed as well.  I looked at Mia and she had blood all over her face and hands.  OMG!!!!!!!!!  I guess the bad air quality and the dry plane air finally caught up with her, and she had a major nose bleed…all over the fanciest hotel room we have probably ever stayed in!  Poor baby!!! 

 

When Kennedy woke up and saw the blood, she gasped and checked herself!  I quickly said, “Mei Mei” (little sister) and pointed to Mia’s nose.  She looked VERY concerned.  When I woke Mia up, I warned her not to be scared but there was blood all over her from a nose bleed.  I had to wipe her down with a wet wash cloth and carry her straight to the tub.

 

Charles asked Kennedy to write “nose bleed” in Chinese on a piece of paper to place on the bed so the hotel staff would know what happened and not think we shot someone or something! 

 

NO, Charles did NOT actually photograph the scene, surprisingly…so no pics with this one!!

 

2 comments:

Corrie said...

Oh my gosh! That is aweful! Good thing Kennedy could translate! The pictures at the park are so cute! Missing y'all! Corrie

Sue said...

Bloody nose not good. Monika gets them and they do leave a good mess. With the squat toilets, it wasn't until after my 2nd time time there, did I learn the trick....don't pull your pants down to far. Keep it all up on the thigh, it worked like a charmed. The younger two girls loved the squat toilets this time. Kennedy got the same number of shots as Erin. Glad things are going good for you guys