Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bringin' the Pain at Lunch

We had lunch at the Pizza Hut right outside the Garden Hotel today.  The girls got the same pizzas that they ordered in Guiyang.  I ventured a little bit south of smart and ordered the seafood jambalaya.  I knew that Cantonese food is largely based upon seafood, so I figured why not.  This dish contained rice, ham (?), shrimp, squid (!), green and red peppers, and something that I’m not 100% sure was mozzarella cheese.  Unfortunately, when I asked for it, our server mentioned that it was spicy, which I have now learned is a very bad thing.  I had already committed to it mentally, so I went for it.

 

This was not a good move on my part.  I had my intestines burned from the inside out.  As tasty as it was, this plate was only one notch below the nuclear noodles from Guiyang.  I’ll have to see my doctor for some ulcer meds when I get back home…

No comments: