Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Quick random info

It is super dark in the room, so this will be short, with no pics.  My girls are snuggled close together sleeping at nearly 8am, and I doubt we will wake them in time for breakfast.   Well…Kennedy anyway!  NOT a fan of waking up.

 

First,  I forgot to post that the day after Mia’s food melt down, I discovered that eggs, bacon and hash browns are available for dinner at the hotel known as “jetlag special” or “lazy breakfast”!  THANK THE LORD!!!  Now she can actually eat dinner.  Of course, even though we order scrambled, we do not always get that.  It depends on the level of English understanding of the server.  We also finally took a picture of the correct milk at breakfast to show when we order for dinner.  Victory at last, or at least…last night!

 

Next, we just got an email from our agency that President Obama signed an act that removes the new requirement (Hague) for children to have TONS of vaccinations here in China before they leave for the USA.  (Even though they have already had most of them.)  It goes into effect immediately, so Kennedy is also exempt!!  It will require an extra step next week to sign an affidavit and have it notarized that we will have any shots she needs in the US.  YIPPEE!

 

Last night after a family session of Uno playing…yes…I played too for those of you who know I don’t really like games, we asked Kennedy if she had received the little translator we sent her a couple months ago.  She said yes, then went to her backpack to show it to us.  That led to her showing us her Christian Bible written in Chinese!!!!  She asked me through the translator if we “revered God greatly”, and I said yes, you?  She said yes!  PRAISE GOD IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I could not believe it!!  She then showed us a personal photo album with pics of her from about the age of 7 and up.  A few times, she pointed out “our Chinese symbol for Christianity” on banners of camps she has attended.  This girl has been to many places!  She even had pics of herself at THIS hotel for special events!!!!!  It was an amazing 30 minutes.  We stayed up late while she showed us all of the pics and explained some.  She was so proud when she got to pages with printed emails we had sent her over the months, and printed out pics of the ones we had emailed her of us and our home.  She said she really likes her room!!!  That was the best time we have had so far.  It was priceless!!!

 

OK, so this wasn’t short.  But, you all knew it wouldn’t be!!   ;)

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hey chickie!
just had to let you know how much your posts are adding to my days. You know how my job sucks the life outta me...consuming it at the current moment. I am still there as I type this...
All of the Mannings are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I am so excited to read all of your news and to see how well it's going. Hoepfully I can get an email to you in the next day or so!
Love ya,
Mary

Corrie said...

I am writing this through tears! What a precious girl Kennedy is! How amazing that she loves the lord too! I am so glad that all of u are experiencing such a wonderful miracle. Finally you are all together as a family. All of the prayers we have lifted up have come true! We did not always understand along the way, but it all lead you to Kennedy! Hugs from home, corrie

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie! We have been following your blog at school and love all the great stories of your new family. We miss you and can't wait to meet Kennedy!
Love,
Angela