Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

One Last Time On Shamian Island

We went back to the island this morning to kill some time before we leave for the airport.  We had lunch at Lucy's and did some window shopping.  Mia played at the park again and we managed to feed the fish at the White Swan.
 
Kennedy ordered a Coke Zero at Lucy's for some reason.  She didn't like it even a little bit.  I can't believe that she took more than one drink of it.  You would have thought that we had put dirty sand in her mouth, based upon the look on her face after she tried it.  She was too polite to change it though.  Annie and I both told her to get something different, but she was going to stick with it.  Annie ended up trading her Orange drink for Kennedy's Coke Zero.  Annie does not like diet drinks, so this is a move based on real unconditional love.  It was kind of cute in a strange aftertaste sort of way.
 
There is a picture of Mia trying to eat the Coke Zero with a fork.  I think that this was Kennedy's way of offloading it on somebody else.  : )
 
There is no photographic evidence to prove it, but I was interviewed by some television station on the island about the Para-Asian Games that start on Monday.  I was watching them film a segment where the reporter was interviewing a painting with questions about the games.  Afterwards, he asked me if I spoke English, then asked if I knew anything about the games.  I told him no, which was probably perfect for the segment that he was filming.  For the record, I guessed two out of three questions correctly.  I think that the painting was smarter than I was, though.  I have absolutely no clue what station he was with.  Based upon the three Chinese people on the crew, I'm guessing CCTV.  I will have to set my DVR to record it for the next two weeks.........

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love all the pictures and entertaining stories!!! :) Mary