Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Shopping Day at Liwan Plaza

Today was a shopping day at the local market in the city.  We spent some time at the pearl and jade market and went to the various shops.  The girls bought some sunglasses.  We’ve gotten our share of sunshine the last few days, so they were sorely needed.  It was 80-ish again today, so we have left the cool weather behind us.

 

We had lunch at KFC again.  Kennedy ordered a steak wrap that was very hot.  She said “whoo” about halfway through.  I was so happy that I didn’t order that one.  Annie ordered the world’s smallest chicken sandwich, and it came complete with a  delightful mixture of carrots, peas and corn inside.  After her third bite, I heard “Oh no.  What am I eating?  Gross.  What am I eating??”  Very unusual.  She finished it, but it was more of a sense of duty than a love for the sandwich.

 

This time they had an English menu.  The KFC in Guiyang had pictures, but only Chinese writing.  This one was much simpler.

 

Every day, the girls have raced from the elevator to the room.  The elevators are at a hub in our wing.  The first one to figure out the right direction usually wins.  Today, they took off in the 100% wrong direction.  They did it with passion, so it was kind of nice.  However, today was the day that I chose to run with them.  And there was nobody behind me.  Annie was walking and the girls were in the wrong hallway.  Anticlimactic is probably too strong a word, but I totally swung and missed.  Oh well.  Maybe next time.

 

The girls started playing hide and seek yesterday.  Today, they took it out in the hallway.  It was pretty funny.  I heard footsteps thumping next door, then laughing.  I took the last picture in this post when they came back in the room.  It was really cute.

 

2 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds and looks like everything is going splendidly. I love waking up to reading your posts and typically check during the day as well. Thanks for all the news and letting me share in your adventures.
Love,
Mary

Corrie said...

You guys look like such a happy family! Like you have always been together! I feel so happy for yall!

Love,

Corrie