Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Waiting to board flight to China

Here are 3 exhausted Mannings, waiting to begin the LONG flight to Kennedy and Mia's homeland.  We still have 2 hours until we board at 9:30, then it does not even take off until 10:30.  (Corrie...I am in the orchard, girl!)  To those of you who do not know that story, let's just say I am about to hit my wall.  The waiting around is getting to me.  Please pray Mia sleeps her usual 11 hours on the flight and that my new friend Ambien CR does its job!  When we traveled to adopt Mia, I could not sleep at all on the flight, or for the first 2 or 3 days.  I got really sick.  I do NOT plan to repeat that, so I talked to my doc last week about taking something for sleep on this flight.  I HATE taking medicine, but sleep is critical on this kind of trip! 

Let's just say Miss Mia is pretty much done.  She is holding up better than I thought, actually, but to us..it is not 7:52 at this moment, it is 9:52...WELL after her bed time, and hours to go before she can sleep.  This, too, shall pass....right?

Good night, all.  See you in China.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Safe travels!! Looking forward for post from China!!!

Carol said...

Happy Thanksgiving Mannings! Prayers for your safety in your travels....

Corrie said...

I have been praying for you guys! Can't wait to hear how you are doing. Annie, I hope you are out of the orchard by now! :) Miss you already. It is 9:51 on Thanksgiving so if you are in China it is already Sat! I am so excited for you all! Lots of love,
Corrie