Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Quick post before we go...

Good morning!  We are leaving in a few minutes to complete the adoption.  At breakfast this morning, Charles used the translator to tell Kennedy that today we will sign papers to officially make her a Manning, and asked if she wanted to stay with us.  I had to leave the table because the question freaked me out.  Anyway, he said she said yes, nodded and smiled really big!  Whew!!!  I know she has to be so scared.  We acn not communicate well at all, and that alone ahs to be scary. 
 
Mia and I had to wake her up today to go to breakfast.  She is a teenager for sure, because she was tough to wake up!  Poor girl, Mia wanted them to wear matching shirts today.  I told her only once, though they do have 2 matching shirts.  Kennedy put it on willingly, but I am sure in her 13 year old mind she was thinking...OMG!!!  REALLY???
 
Last night, I explained the shower and acted out what to do with the shampoo, conditioner, deoderant and facial wash, etc.  She took a super long shower and emerged in her new flannel jammie pants and tshirt from America.  Her hair was down, and so beautiful.  I showed her the hair dryer and she went and used that.  We were all in bed by 10, and I slept until 4am with Ambien.  Progress, I guess.  I got up and took a shower, and waited for everyone else, except Kennedy, to wake up.
 
She ate pretty well at the breakfast buffet, but seemed a bit overwhelmed by al the choices.
 
I wanted to blog about gotcha day, but it is time to go.  More info and pics later for sure.  No time to check for typos.  Sorry.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hope all goes well today. Hugs and happy thoughts to all of you.
Love,
Mary