Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Too busy to blog...

I am a super BAD blogger right now!  Sorry, guys!  We leave for China on WEDNESDAY!  That is less than a week away.  Preparing to be out of the country for over 2 weeks is a daunting task!  Don't get me wrong...I am VERY EXCITED!!!  I am just also completely exhausted and stressed out!  I would list all that I have to do before we leave, but it would take too long, and I could have checked something off the list in that time!

I will blog 2 points of possible interest:

#1.  I had to go to the bank by myself today to wire a large amount of money ahead to China.  I have never done that before, and the guy at the bank had not either.  GREAT!  We ended up in his supervisor's office to complete it.  My head was literally POUNDING from stress.  I think I had a brief break with reality during the whole experience.  Let's pray it is received in a timely manner in China so we do not have any problems.

#2.  I have been losing sleep lately for lots of reasons.  I will wake up at 2 a.m. and think of something I need to pack or do...get up and write it on one of my trusty sticky-notes, then take an hour to go back to sleep again.  (Those of you who know me well know that I am LOST without my trail of sticky notes to remind me of EVERYTHING!!)  One main issue I have struggled with is that when we fly out on Wednesday, the DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING...just picture the airport chaos...we have to fly to Los Angeles first.  We arrive at 1:30 in the afternoon, but our flight to China does not take off until 10:30 p.m. 

Hmmm...let's all imagine 9 hours in a MAJOR airport on the busiest travel day of the year WITH a 6 year old...THEN, boarding a 15 and a half hour flight to follow that 9 hour wait!  Sounds super fantastic, right??!!  Add in 3 full size, stuffed to capacity suitcases and 3 carry-on bags to keep with us at all times, and those extra comfy plastic chairs!!.  I have actually cried a few times just thinking about it.  Last night, I broke down and booked a hotel room right by the airport!  This way, we can arrive at 1:30, take the free shuttle over to the hotel, eat lunch, take a nap, let Mia jump on the beds, run around and play...and take another shower before flying out that night!!!  YIPPEE!!  There is something REALLY wrong with showering on Wednesday then arriving in China on Friday.  YUCK!  I am NOT that girl!  I relish the thought of being freshly showered again before boarding the LONG second flight of 3 in a row.

I don't know why I did not do that a week ago and save myself many nights of worry!  It will still be a difficult flight for us, but it will be lots easier to take with this new plan in place! 
I hate to spend the money, but it will be WELL worth it!!!!

Well, that's all I have for now!  I know...pretty boring!

Let's add in some pics of Mia at Halloween.  I completely forgot to post them because things have been moving REALLY fast!

Our  "Princess-Butterfly-Fairy" (at least that's what SHE called it) ready to begin!

Foe some reason, I thought the egg and spoon race was an Easter thing.  Guess not!

Mia didn't care what holiday the game was for...she LOVED it!  (note the cheating...)

Can you tell I was feeling very sick on this day??  I TRIED to smile...but was about to throw up.  Seriously.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Mia will do great on the flight, it amazes how well kids do on flights. We were the same way...why oh why do we wait until the days before we leave to do everything.....