Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

God sent two angels, for a second time...

It is no secret that this close to the wire, the financial portion of adoption is our main GIANT!  In my last post, I talked about a generous, small church that stepped up to help us on Sunday.  Well, two wonderful friends and supporters handed Charles an envelope today containing $700.00!!!  Not only is that simply AMAZING, but these same two angels were actually our very first of only 3 contributors who already blessed us with $300.00 months ago!

Our sad little chip in bar to the left shows a big zero, but it only calculates money donated through PayPal specifically.  From our 3 contributors, we actually have $1500.00 of the $5100 orphanage fee, and $1000 of it is from our repeat angels!  We thank you two from the bottom of our hearts!  Your generous giving has made a huge difference in our journey to bring Kennedy home!  May you be blessed ten fold!  We love y'all!

Today, I bought a very odd combination of travel items at Walmart.  The cashier noticed and asked where I was going.  I told her we were traveling to China to bring home our second daughter.  She said something about how wonderful babies are...I said, well, she is 13 years old.  She froze in time and kind of stared at me.  Then she asked me why I would want to adopt a teenager.  (Insert minor blood boiling here...)  I simply said because she is my daughter.

I want to thank all of you who do NOT ask me that question, but instead say how wonderful it is and how excited you are for our family!  The chick at Walmart OBVIOUSLY does not get it!!  But, thanks to all of you who realize that ALL children need and deserve a family, unconditional love, education, opportunity, Christianity...you GET IT!!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I am so happy that you have angels. You are in my prayers. I get you totally with the walmart chick...Everyone deserves a home and a family.