Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Money well spent!

Well, I can't say it is a super nice hotel, but it is clean and it is not LAX airport!  My sweet husband walked down a kind of scary Los Angeles block to get Subway sandwiches for a late lunch/early dinner for us in the room.  Then I took the longest, hottest shower I could!  Can I just say even though I slept only about 2 hours last night and did not nap on the flight from Houston to L.A...unlike my husband and daughter...a shower just revived me!  I am super tired, but fresh and clean for the 15 and a half hour flight we will begin at 10:30 tonight...12:30 for y'all back home!  Mia took a shower after me, and Charles just finished.  We will pick up the hotel shuttle to the airport in an hour and be back on our way!

BTW...Mom...if you have time to look into nicer hotels for our overnight layover on the way back...maybe you can book a room for the 4 of us, and one next to us for you and Dad if you are able to meet us here when we arrive in the U.S.  You can just reserve it with your card, and we can pay for it with ours wen we get here.  Don't think I actually want to sleep at this one on the way back.   Let me know if you do that so I can cancel the room we have booked here on the 10th.

I was texting with my friend Angie who adopted Kennedy's best friend in December.  She has a feeling we MAY meet Kennedy before Sunday...stay tuned...

I was just thinking about Kennedy...imagine that...while I was drying my hair.  I realized that it is already Thursday in China.  If we meet as planned on Sunday, she only has 3 more "sleeps" in the orphanage!!!!!  If we meet her on the day we arrive instead, Friday, that is tomorrow for her and THIS could be her last night to sleep there!  Either way, that chapter in her life is nearly over.

Well, I may post once more before we board the plane tonight, but not again after that until we are settled in the room in China.  My easy phone posting will no longer be an option, so I will not bore you as much with random posts!!  We want to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving!  We will be flying while everyone is eating turkey and watching football, so please have seconds of mashed potatoes and gravy for me!!  Man, I LOVE mashed potatoes and gravy...

No comments: