Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cucumber Juice. It's What's For Breakfast

Okay, I’m awake now.  Mia and I had a little catnap while Annie was posting. 

 

Breakfast was fun this morning.  Mia got her milk.  Annie got her full tummy.  I got my cucumber juice.   See the photo and check out how GREEN it is.

 

It was not as unusual as dinner, but there were some things on the buffet that were not recognizable as breakfast items.  Can we talk about smoked fish, sushi and salad?  I ate the smoked fish, but left the sushi and salad alone.  Safety first!  I did eat the braised eggplant, which is weird only for me since I don’t really eat eggplant.  I also had the stir-fried vegetables, which in my case consisted of a really long green plant with a yellow flower on top.  I usually pick those from my yard during the summer.  The zucchini with chiles was cool, primarily since it didn’t really taste like zucchini.  Those of you that followed our last trip will remember the congee.  I had some today.  My full bowl was stolen by the restaurant staff yesterday, before I took a single bite, but I got it today.  Mia wouldn’t touch it this time, but I tried as hard as I could.  Maybe I’ll talk her into it.  She said that she thought that it would taste like rice pudding, which she doesn’t like.  I got a couple of steamed buns with bean paste in the middle.  I really like those.  I also had a “doughnut” with shaved almonds on top.  It was round, but seemed like sweet french bread that was deep fried.  It was good, but not any doughnut that I’ve had before.

 

The head chef and head pastry chef were in the restaurant this morning, inspecting everything.  They were moving things around to create the perfect display for their food.  They chewed out the line chefs and some of the people working.  I have no idea what they were in trouble for, but we saw several people getting the business from the big bosses.  The pastry chef appeared to be Chinese, but the other one may have been German.  I gotta say that I didn’t see that coming.  He was the third westerner we’ve seen since we left Guangzhou, and I would not have expected to see him preparing our Chinese delicacies. 

 

Annie made me post the sleeping picture.  You’ll notice that Mia is basically on top of me.  That’s what she did to Annie all last night.  I had 80% of the bed and they shared the remaining 20%.

 

Unless something really interesting happens, the next post you’ll see will have pictures of Kennedy.  And rain.  Did we mention that it’s raining today?  I think that the temperature has dropped too.  The window is really cold and our room is cool for the first time since we checked in.

 

No comments: