Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Drawing strength and courage from The Word

We were in bed about 12:40, and my alarm went off at 5:30.  I MAY have slept for about 2 hours.  I could not turn off my brain.  While I am filled with excitement and anticipation, I have to admit that at some point yesterday, the fear crept in.  I know it is normal, but not fun.  This is a HUGE life change, and I worry about her language barrier.  I know she is smart and she will pick English up fairly quickly, but...I am truthfully nervous about it.  I am also concerned about the long travels ahead with Mia, who started feeling...not the best...last night.  (Of course!)  Please pray that she wakes up feeling great this morning, and pray for a smooth trip for all.  Most of all, pray for an easy transition for Kennedy into our family.

So, to combat my fears and concerns, I will arm myself with these:

Do not be afraid, for I am with you.  I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.  Isaiah 43:5

I will not leave you as orphans.  I will come to you.  John 14:18

For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me that which I asked of Him. 
1 Samuel 1:27

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares The Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

With that, we will be on our way today!  We are finally coming, Kennedy Faith!  The wait is almost over! 


No comments: