Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Being 40 is NOT that FUNNY!

In my tired state of mind..I forgot to blog the "funny" part of the whole money wiring story!  So...it took forever, and at one point, the supervisor lady...that took over for the original dude that did not really actually know HOW to wire money internationally...looked at me with a strange face and picked up her phone.  I asked if there was a problem.  She said..."Well...it's weird...but we do not seem to have an electronic signature on file for you.  We need that to verify your signature before we can process this."  I told her that was BIZARRE, since I have been banking there since I was in my early teens and I have multiple accounts with them!  They sent me off to the teller to handle something else...we all know they wanted me out of the room while they got to the bottom of the no-signature thing!  DUH! 

So...when I came back, she had a copy of something on her desk and a smirk on her face.  She said, "Well, you really HAVE been banking here a long time!  You were here back when this was a First Interstate Bank, not Wells Fargo!  Turns out that there was no such thing as an electronic signature 'back then'!  That's why we didn't have one for you!!  This is a copy of your original signature card.  Funny, huh?!"  Uhhhhh...not so much!  GEEZE!!!!!  I do not feel old enough to have just had THAT conversation!

Happy to entertain you, bank staff!!!  Ya know...being 40 is just NOT that stinkin' funny, people!  ;)

No comments: