Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Prayers, please!

Hopefully, Charles will get out of the shower and add a picture or two so nobody comes to China to slap me for posting withot pics!  Anyway, Mia hit her wall last night at dinner!  She saw her food and just started crying.  It was a fried rice dish, but she gagged with the first bite.  She was crying that she missed her home, her Nana and Papa and American food.  She also had a bad headache because she is not eating enough.  NOT like her, but the food is just so strange to her.  The milk is weird, and that is just killing her since she really only likes milk and water.  Yesterrday when we ventured back to my favorite Walmart to get KFC for Kennedy, it was a mess.  We had to order off a special picture menu.  I think Kennedy must speak a slightly different local dialect, because the lady did not understand her well when she tried to order for us.  Anyway, Mia ordered what looked the most like regular fried chicken.  Unfortunately, it was flaming hot, so she ate  only fries and ice cream.  Super healthy meal.
 
It was the saddest scene.  I tried to hold it together, but I cried a little too.  Right there at dinner.  Awesome.  I am so exhausted.  Sleep is still not working out for me.  Kennedy looked so concerned.  Charles used the translator to explain what was wrong.  She nodded and kept patting Mia and holding her hand.  She is so amazingly sweet.  I took the girls back to the room so Mia could calm down.  Kennedy fluffed a pillow for her and got next to her on the bed.  They sat close together and quietly watched Toy Story 3 on the computer while I forced Mia to drink some cup-o-soup.  We will probably have to shorten our posts so they can use the computer more often to watch movies.  That was very helful, actually.
 
I took Mia to help her take a shower and put her in bed while Kennedy took a shower.  When she came out, Mia was asleep.  Kennedy covered her up gently, then got in bed and scooted closer to her to sleep.  It makes me cry right now thinking about how sweet that was to see.  I also shed a tear thinking that soon, Kennedy will go through this much harder and for much longer when we return home to what we know, but she does not.
 
Wow, this is wonderful and super hard and emotional all at once.  BTW...speaking of emotional...Charles made an amazing Gotcha Day video for Kennedy like he did for Mia.  He is so talented, that man of mine.  His attemptsto post it to the blog from here have all been blocked.  I really hope he figures out a back door for that so you can see it before we come home.  If he does, have a tissue ready!
 
Sorry, he is still in the shower, so no picture for now.  We will post again for sure with pictures.

3 comments:

LORIE AND GENE said...

Hi guys. I can understand how hard this must be for you guys. But I also know how resilient children are, and I know that Kennedy will be fine back in America.

I'd like to tell you not to worry and the lack of sleep and travel (oh not to mention the newness of being a mother to a teenager)will pass soon. But once you fall in love with your child...all bets are off... this soon will pass and then it's on to sleep overs and school dances and high school etc. You, Charles, and Mia have a wonderful journey ahead of you-the journey of life with Kennedy included. And the power of sisters has no language barriers-just love.

I hope you get good rest and wake up refreshed...things will fall into place...hang in there one day at a time my friend.

LORIE AND GENE said...

HI guys; I just posted this long blog but I am not sure if it saved. Sorry if this is redundant.

The power of sisters has no language barriers-just love. And Mia and Kennedy have bonded already!!1

And yes in the USA Kennedy will go through the grief but children are resilient.

This is just the start of her wonderful journey of life as your daughter. And the worries of good grades, school dances, and boys will soon come-being a mother is not always easy but the most rewarding job on earth!

So get some sleep and take one day at a time for this soon shall pass my friend.

~Tami said...

Hi Manning Family!!!
So sorry to hear that Mia is having a hard time with all the different foods (I probably would too), but it sounds like she has a wonderful big sister looking out for her!!!! I know things will get better and this will pass. We are continuing to pray for you and are anxiously waiting for ya'll to get back home!! Can't wait!!! Love ya!