Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Travel Day

Well, we made it!  It was a long trip, but we are in the hotel in Kennedy’s home town.  All of us are very grumpy.  We have been awake for more hours than I can count, and are attempting to stay awake until at least 7 or 8 p.m. China time.  It is only nearing 2 p.m. at the moment, so wish us luck.  We figure this will be the best way to possibly get on China time sooner than we did the first trip.  We shall see.

 

My new friend, Ambien CR did NOT do a great job on the plane.  I tried it at home the weekend before we left and it worked like a charm.  I took one after take-off and slept about one hour before they decided to serve dinner.  At nearly midnight…which was 2 a.m. to us.  GEEZ!  I was basically wide awake.  I ate what I could…not tasty, then ended up taking a SECOND little friend.  I still only slept off and on over a 6 hour period.  Better than nothing, but feeling it over here!  Mia slept about 8 and a half hours, also not enough.  Charles slept about the same as Mia, and napped throughout the forever long flight.  However, he is having some bad pain that he thinks might be a hernia.  Awesome.

 

Our guide is super nice.  His name is Richard and his English is awesome.  He was waiting for us right outside of baggage claim with a sign with our names on it.  He was full of great info about Kennedy’s city.  Charles will have to blog about that some time.  I have already forgotten.  Sad, but this level of exhaustion plays tricks with your memory.  Or is that my age?  Anyway, he said we will meet Kennedy on Sunday as originally planned.  It is probably for the best because we are all snapping each other’s heads off.  Cannot WAIT til we can SLEEP!  I can’t believe we are in the same city with her at last!!!

 

Apparently, we are not in the room we will be staying in the rest of the week.  It was not available.  We have to move tomorrow.  Our room is great, but I feel like I am smoking in here!  We are requesting a non-smoking room for the rest of the stay, but not sure if those exist here.  Mia is totally freaked out about how people smoke inside and basically everywhere we go.  Since we cannot unpack really until we switch rooms, we are not venturing out of the hotel at all today.  We will eat in the hotel restaurant tonight.  We are across the street from a super Walmart, and that will be tomorrow’s adventure.  Thankfully, there is an underground access!  I would not let Mia cross the street here.  People will truly just run right over you.  It is crazy!  I forgot a few things, and we need to get some bottled water, snacks and a suitcase for Kennedy.  REST is the main order for the day, though.

 

I am pretty sure I had some interesting things to post, but I honestly just can’t remember any of them at the moment.  We just wanted to let everyone know we made it here safely and will soon be a family of 4! 

 

Charles attached some pictures.  I actually don’t know of what, so hopefully they are good ones!  He may post more than me while we are here.  I tend to get distracted when I become a mommy!

No comments: