Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

WE HAVE L.O.A!!!!!!

I know that Charles will do a much better job if he posts today too, but I could NOT wait! 

Last night, when I was planning to go to bed extra early...I got a wild hair to work on the paperwork we will need once we receive the next big document...L.O.A.  I made a list of questions I came up with to help me finish up the last of the paperwork, and I emailed a list of the questions to Josh, our adoption agency contact.  (Instead of going to bed early!)

This afternoon, I went to my classroom to prepare for afternoon dismissal at 3:05 when I noticed an email from Josh that had just popped up a few minutes before that.  I read it quickly, then printed it to read later.

As I walked out to dismissal, I re-read the first answer that Josh had sent to my questions, because it didn't seem to make sense.  I looked back to see what question I had asked.  I asked if he knew when we might expect to receive L.O.A.  It hit me right then what I had read!!!  He had written that he was out of the office all morning, and that it was waiting for him when he arrived.  "IT" was the L.O.A.!!!!!  I literally screamed and ran back to my classroom to call him and confirm.  I asked if he was saying that our L.O.A. had arrived, and he said it was in his hand!!!!!!  I screamed in the poor guy's ear!  He was trying to tell me some important stuff...but I was not processing information!  I told him I would have to call him back when I could formulate sentences!!!

I tried to call Charles, and he did not answer!!  Mia was walking down the hall to my room from her kindergarten class and I ran to her, picked her up, spun her around and told her we might actually be HOME with Kennedy for Christmas!  I then ran out to my amazing co-worker and right-hand lady, Vianne, and started hugging her, jumping up and down and spinning her around! (Then I told her why...!!!)

I continued to try and call Charles several times as I ran through the school telling my teacher friends the news as I passed them in the hall!  I finally reached Charles, and the screaming started again!  I think I was hyperventilating or something because I could not feel my hands or my face!  I told Charles to call Josh, since I knew he could remain calm and rational enough to get details. 

We will receive the actual L.O.A. via FedEx tomorrow to sign and send right back.  We will also have to send all the paperwork I got the wild hair to work on last night!  Now I know that wild hair was God because He knew I would be needing it all tomorrow!!!!

Josh said the current estimate from L.O.A. to travel is 89 days.  That would put us leaving in early December.  We received our L.O.A. much earlier than the estimate, so we are now praying that trend continues and maybe we can go in November!!  All I know is that I could not ask for anything greater than being HOME with BOTH of our daughters for Christmas!  What a blessing that would be for our entire family!  It would also give us an extra 2 weeks of Christmas break with Kennedy before we have to send her to school.  That would help her SO much, so let's all pray that we will get that time with her!

We KNOW this mountain moved and this miracle was received due to PRAYER!  Thanks to ALL of you praying for us, and PLEASE continue!  Our specific prayer continues to be that we will be able to bring Kennedy home earlier than anyone believes we can!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Tami Jones said...

YEA!!!! I am so excited for you all!!! I click on this blog everyday waiting for more news!!!! I can't wait to meet Kennedy! Hugs and love to all of you!!!!
Love you, Tami

Michelle said...

I am so EXCITED for you all!!! Praying for early travel :) Praise God!!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing. Truly amazing. The day is drawing near.

Carol said...

What wonderful news!! I haven't checked your blog lately and got so excited when I read that you were one more step closer! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!