Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Sending a package!

Well, Charles is off playing softball tonight, like he does every Friday.  I must admit that I am NOT the technology-type.  Seriously.  I usually have Charles handle all things computer.  BUT, I recently found out about an awesome care package service called Gifts to China With Love.  I was poking around the website, and I was overcome by the need to send Kennedy some STUFF!! 

Knowing that she might not get to keep much, I did not order much.  However, I ordered a basic care package that comes with a translated letter to Kennedy, a small, stuffed panda, a small bag of candy, a call to the orphanage requesting an update and a current photo or two and a translation of a letter back from Kennedy if she is allowed to write one!!  I added an inexpensive "pocket-translator" to help her begin learning some English, and a "teen-treat" package with some good ole' chips, m&m's and the like!  I was sure to address the director in the letter, along with the letter to Kennedy.  I explained to the director that we would REALLY like for Kennedy to keep the translator to help her practice English words, and that we would like to use it WITH her when we arrive in China.  HOPEFULLY, that will up the odds that she will still have it when we arrive.

We have ordered Kennedy and Mia both cute, inexpensive name bracelets.  (I could not get one for Kennedy and NOT for Mia!!)  The next thing on our list in a few weeks will be to send the bracelet, a small photo album of her family, home, school, etc., along with another letter to Kennedy in China.  It will be cool for her to get ANOTHER package anyway!!!  The bracelet was a great suggestion from another mom of teens from China.  What a fun way for her to learn how to spell and write her American name!  (I wish it would hurry up and arrive!  :)

And BTW...I did the care package order and payment..as well as composing and emailing a letter and a family picture to attach ALL BY MYSELF!  Sounds funny to most of you, but I am OH SO proud of my little self! 

...and I can't wait for her to get her STUFF!

1 comment:

Sue said...

That is so cool, I know she will like it. It will make the wait easier.