Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Accidental Comedian

Today, Mia and I were out driving around and running errands while Charles was working at home. The old Queen song, "Another One Bites the Dust" came on the radio. I turned it up and told Mia the story about that song being her very first favorite! Absurd, I know!! But, shortly after we returned from China with Mia, that silly song came on the radio. I looked in the rearview mirror and noticed Mia bobbing her head up and down to the beat with a HUGE smile on her face! (This was before she knew a single word of English, mind you!) I laughed out loud and called Charles to tell him the story. That night, Mia was toddling around in the office, and Charles put the same song on the computer to see what she would do. Same results...a dancing, head bobbing riot! For the longest time, we would randomly hum that tune and she would break out into dance mode!


Nearly 4 years later...today in the car, Mia says, "Oh, I remember this!" Then she starts "singing" HER version: "Dun, dun, dun...another one busts a gut!" I nearly busted MY gut laughing! She could NOT figure out what was so funny!


I needed a good laugh, so thanks, Mia!

No comments: