Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Our "Sun Stand Still" Prayer...

We went to church last night.  We had not been there in a week or two.  We had some events going on...yadda yadda, insert excuse here.  When our pastor started talking about the new series he was beginning last night, I had chills from head to toe, and I knew I was SUPPOSED to be there.  It has only happened a few specific times before to me, but I felt strongly that the message was meant directly for me.

He is preaching about having AUDACIOUS faith.  The key verse was from Joshua 10:12-14 during a battle when Joshua had the audacity to pray to God to make the sun stand still over Gibeon.  God answered that prayer, and the sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day!  It had never been seen before, and has never been seen since.  It made everyone  say, "THAT could ONLY be God!"

Our pastor challengd us to pray "Sun Stand Still" kind of prayers over the next few weeks.  He talked about how many of us have giants standing before us, blocking our way...but if we take even a baby step forward and pray that kind of prayer, God will knock our giants right down.  He is bigger than ANY giant (a.k.a obstacle) we face.

Right now, our agency, the "averages", most people who have adopted or are adopting...say it is not likely that we will travel to China to bring Kennedy home in November.  Paperwork, government, red tape, major events coming up in China...they are all our giants.  But, you know what??!!  God is bigger than ALL of that.  We have prayed for some time now that God will bring us to Kennedy before anyone thinks it is possible!  That is now our sun stand still prayer, and we want you to join us in it!

I am also not terribly big on going to the front for prayer when that time is offered.  Last night, Charles and I marched right up there!  We told one of the pastors about Kennedy, and about what is being projected as far as our wait.  We told him about our audacious prayer to bring her home faster than anyone believes possible.  He completely agreed that ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE, and that God is bigger than all of our obstacles! 

Of course I want Kennedy home for selfish reasons.  I want my daughter with me where she belongs!  I want to get her out of the orphanage life, give her unconditional love, a nice home, a good education...the list goes on.  But, if you scroll down to the bottom of this page to the map full of red dots, you will see that people all over the USA, and literally around the world are following our blog.  Most of the people, we do not know and probably never will.  When God answers our Sun Stand Still kind of prayer to bring us to Kennedy before anyone thinks it is possible, it will be a real-life miracle for all to witness with only one explanation:  THAT could only be GOD!  I believe that when that happens, people we do not even know will come to know God through that miracle.  There are people reading this right now who are not sure if they even believe in God.  He can use this blog and our Sun Stand Still answered prayer to reveal Himself to them. 

I can not say that God has ever audibly spoken to me.  I can say that last night, I knew He wanted me to hear that message.  I knew He was telling me to pray this Sun Stand Still prayer, and I knew that He is planning to use it to reach others.

I Samuel 1:27
For this child I prayed and the Lord granted me that which I asked of Him.

...and with that in mind we now pray, believe and thank God in advance that He will Bring us to Kennedy Faith faster than anyone believes it is possible...that people will be astounded that we are leaving so soon, and that they will know that it could ONLY be God!

No comments: