Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

E-mail from Kennedy!

To say I have had a rough few days at work would be putting it mildly...so when I opened my email today to find TWO emails from Kennedy, I was excited beyond measure!

Keep in mind, they were in Chinese, and I usually leave the translation task to Charles!  He was away from the office when I called him about it, and I just could not wait.  I attempted it myself, and actually figured it out!!!  Granted, Charles translates it in several programs to get a better idea of the true message, which he did, but I'm just sayin'!  I had a pretty good idea what it said before he had a chance to tell me!!  (GO, me!)

In the first one, she basically said, "Mom and Dad, I am your child, Kennedy.  I miss you and my younger sister Mia very much.  I love you just like you love me.  I am very pleased to meet you soon, and I am very happy and excited!  When I found out I will come there soon, I made a picture (or painting?) of our family portrait.  When we meet, I will give my picture to you.  I love you.  Love, Your Kennedy."  We have told her in every letter and e-mail that we love her, but this was the first time she said she loved us!!!  Our hearts just melted!!!

In the second one, she said, "Today I am writing again because I thought of you and my new home very much.  I hope that you will write me often and send me many pictures because I want to see you in America.  Love, Your Kennedy."  How SWEET is that??  She was thinking of us and wanting to hear from us again and see more pictures!  I wish we could hop on a plane RIGHT now and bring her home where she belongs!

As I post this, it is well in to the business morning on Thursday already in China.  By now, our Article 5 should have already been picked up.  It will be sent over-night to the CCAA for the processing of our TA.  Please continue to pray for a miraculaously FAST receipt of TA!  This precious child is aching for her family as much as we are aching to bring her home!

No comments: