Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

My 3 Favorite Letters...NVC!!!!!!

I took Mia out of school a little early today to get her flu-mist...since she HATES shots!  She knows she gets a treat after a doctor's visit, so she picked McDonalds.  I pointed out that 3:15 was a bit early for dinner, but she won.

We took our time and talked and laughed.  We got to the mailbox at about 4:10, and there it was!!!  A beautiful white envelope from the National Visa Center!  WE HAVE THE NVC LETTER!!!!

Of course, our adoption agency office closes at 4:00!  I called anyway, and the owner answered!!  I told him I was afraid this would happen...that we would get the letter on a Thursday after they closed and it would not be opened until Friday morning USA time.  That would already be Friday night in China, so it would not be received there until Monday.  I told him I was really hoping they could go ahead and send it today.  He indicated that they would and to copy him on the email.  (Quick prayer now that they do that!)

I have read that the documents that comprise the "Article 5" (including the NVC letter) can only be dropped off and picked up on Monday and Thursday.  The National holiday went through today in China, so Monday will be the first day any action can be taken.  It looks like our documents should be able to be ready for drop off on Monday.

WOO HOO!!!!

Our next 2 favorite letters will be TA...TRAVEL APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!


6:00 update:  I have had communication with our adoption agency, and our documents will be submitted to the US Consulate in China on Monday!!  :)

2 comments:

Sue said...

AWESOME...you will have her home soon....I am so happy....

Carol said...

Go God!! Now praying for a speedy TA!