Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

More News!

I am attempting to email a post from my school computer on my lunch break.  I hope it works!  This is still all so new to me!  ;)

Yesterday turned out to be such an amazing day!  I truly believe it is because I posted and asked for prayer for my own strength and encouragement on Wednesday when I had a minor melt-down!  You all prayed, and Thursday was a brand-new ball game!

As you know, we received our NVC letter yesterday!  The news did not stop there!  We also heard form the dear Kennedy family, our daughter's namesake!  Their beautiful daughter, Kau'i (and best friend of Kennedy) called Kennedy last night at the orphanage!  The girls had a good 20 minute conversation!  Kennedy said she had received the care package we sent and really liked the gifts!  She said she had already learned some English words on the translator we sent!  She said she really liked the pictures of her bedroom that we included.  In true teen-age style...she asked Kau'i, "Whose room is nicer, mine or yours?!"  SO funny!!

She said she is excited that we are coming soon and can't wait to come to America!  The girls kept telling each other, "I miss you!  I miss you!"  Angie and I began talking last night about planning a July vacation together so the girls can spend time together!  THAT will be amazing!  We will always keep our daughter's together as much as we can.  They are much more like sisters than friends!

Kau'i said that Kennedy can say her English name very well now, and Kennedy is excited that her name is the same as Kaui's last name!  What a cool connection to share a name!
Late last night, I also received an email from the care package company we used.  It said that the director said she would take a picture of Kennedy with her package from us!  We are hoping that happens, and eagerly looking forward to seeing that!  I am SURE I will post it if we get it!!  ;)  What an AMAZING Thursday!!  God heard your prayers and blessed me ten-fold!

Finally, Kennedy has a good friend named Xiang Xiang at the orphanage who is 8.  She is hoping to be adopted.  She is healthy, and her file has been created.  If you know anyone who has ever considered an older-child adoption and might be interested, I am sure I could get some information about her!  I will ask all of you to pray that she, too, will be blessed with the family she deserves!  NOTE!!!  When Angie Kennedy posted this same type of statement on her blog about our Kennedy back in December, our journey to Kennedy began!  If you feel your heart being tugged, follow that lead!

No comments: