Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Very sick...

Sorry, there will be no pics.  I am in the room alone, and have had trouble getting photos to attach without Charles.
 
I started getting sick last night.  Feels like an upper respiratory infection.  I knew this would happen because when I can not sleep enough, my immune system is not as strong.
 
I went ahead and started in the antibiotic my doc sent this morning.  I also added Mucinex and a daytime cold medicine.
 
After breakfast, I was on the phone with my mom before we were meeting our guide to go to the monkey park.  Right when I hung up with her and it was time to go, phase 2 of my illness hit.  I am actually glad about the timing because this would NOT be good with the few and far between "squatty potties" available where we would be.  There are only western style restrooms in fancy hotels.
 
I am not sure if the medicine is upsetting my stomach or if this is part of my illness.  PLEASE just pray it goes away.  This is not the place to be sick, and I don't want the rest of the family getting it.
 
I had to stay behind here at the hotel while Charles, Mia and Kennedy went out for the day.  I feel like a big baby, because after they left, I just started crying!  Silly.
 
Mia was upset that I was not going, of course, and Kennedy patted me and whispered Bye-bye with a sad look as well.  Such a sweet girl.
 
Hopefully they have a great time and we can post some fun pictures of their trip.  At this park, little monkeys roam around freely and come right up to people.  We will see how Miss Mia does with THAT!!!
 
Unrelated info:  Again I will say Kennedy is REALLY smart!  She recognizes numbers and counts to 10 in English, and she already knows all of the English alphabet.  I did not see that coming!  SHe knows a good handful of English words.  ANY game we teach her, she learns instantly and whips us at it!  As you saw form the other post, she is a talented artist, and can re-create just about any picture she looks at.  Check out the detail in her drawing of Woody from Toy Story posted earlier!  We had been  told she played piano, and Charles said yesterday at Walmart, she saw an electric keyboard and went right to it and played a song.  We will have a hard time picking her electives at school because she dances, plays piano (and I think drums) AND is into art!  We have been blessed again with another amazing daughter!
 
Again, please pray that I get instant healing and that nobody else gets this!!!!  And, let us know if you were able to watch the gotcha video!  We have only heard from a few people about it.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Annie, I am so sorry you got sick, it not fun at all..hopefully a day of rest will help, glad you have medicine for you. I show Erin the video, she liked it. I even told Erin that Kennedy likes playing games, and Erin said, yes she does and she like to do many different things. Erin then said, I don't like games (we knew that). I hope no one else gets sick. Hugs

Corrie said...

Annie, I hope that you feel better! I know this post is a couple days old! I am praying for you guys. I got the email you sent to the Northgate staff. I will be praying about that too. Kennedy seems like a truly amazing girl and you all look so happy. Miss you all terribly! I hope you feel better soon! Looks like it is almost like an amazing vacation! All of the pictures are great! Lots of love! Corrie