Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

HOT day at the zoo

Ummm...the SUN is in my EYES here!!!

Here is a shot of the girls at the sea lion exhibit.  Mia thought it was cool, but Kennedy had never seen one before!  It was hard to pull her away!  Later, they were completely captivated by the zoo keeper's lesson about the Giant Eland...and feeding time as an added bonus!  We stayed at that exhibit for a LONG time!  Mia wrote a great story about it at school the next week.  It was a few PAGES long, all words, no pictures and full of details and facts!  She is quite the writer!  That's my girl!

If you look closely, there is a really little baby elephant hiding under the mama.  It was the cutest thing!!

The bongo concert...

We went to the zoo a few weeks ago.  I may have mentioned it in a previous post, but I don't think I added any pictures.  You can tell in the pictures that is was HOT outside.  Mia's face does not hide discomfort well!  She is like me and gets grumpy fast when sweating!!!  Charles and Kennedy seem less bothered by it, but then again, Kennedy has not experienced an August in Texas yet!

No comments: