Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Can't catch a break!









These are some of the pictures from Mia's gymnastics show a few weeks ago that I didn't post.  They are not related to this post, but I know that pictures are why you are checking!!


So, I have been sick for about 2 weeks now.  It got so bad Tuesday night that I had to stay home Wednesday and go to the doc.  Even though I got the flu shot, I had the flu.  I waited too long to get Tamiflu, which shortens the length of the flu symptoms.  BUT, you have to catch it in the first 48 hours.  I did not.  I ended up with a painful shot of antibiotic in my backside, along with an oral antibiotic, a steroid inhaler, double the dose of Mucinex and the list goes on.  I had to miss work Wednesday and Thursday, which I can not afford to do with our recent adoption trip.  I returned Friday, and felt like a zombie.  I am still not 100% today, and lucky me, Charles is out of town for work...AGAIN.

This morning, I opened Kennedy's door to start her waking up process.  Several minutes later, she had not come out.  I went in and told her that her noodles were ready.  She nodded, and went back to sleep.  I figured it was Saturday, so I let her sleep nearly another hour.  At almost 10:00, I sent Mia in to tell her it was now time to get up and eat.  Mia came running out to report that Kennedy said she was sick.  (By pointing to her head and making a terrible face.)

I went in to see what was up, and before I could even touch her, I could feel the extreme heat pouring out of her body.  She also had a raging headache, so I grabbed the thermometer.  102 temp.  Great.  I immediately tossed her some clothes, loaded the girls in the van, and headed to a walk in clinic.  By some miracle of God, there was nobody ahead of us.  Her temp was up to 103.  She was given liquid ibuprophen on the spot to start working on the fever.  She has the flu.  (Yes, she got the nasal flumist.  Guess hers worked as well as my shot...)  We caught it in the first 12 hours, so she got a prescription for Tamiflu.  (Even WITH insurance, that cost $75!!!)  The RN said she should get well fairly quickly since we came in immediately.  She said she may be OK for school on Monday, but we will have to see how it goes.

I got her home and made her eat a little bit and take her Tamiflu.  She went right back to bed to sleep.  I just woke her up to check her temp.  It was still 100, but not awful.  I gave her a little more ibuprophen, more for the aches than the fever, and she is asleep again.  I imagine she will be in bed the whole weekend.  That means we are all housebound until Charles gets back.  Fun times.  Mia is used to running around all weekeknd long.  She is bouncing off the walls, and since I am not well yet...it is extra joyful.  ;)

It feels like we just can't catch a break.  PLEASE pray that Mia and Charles stay healthy!

No comments: