Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

3 Day Weekend!!!!

Posting on my lunch break again, so no pictures.  Sorry!

It is FINALLY Friday...AND we have a 3 day weekend!  School is closed on Monday in honor of MLK.  I can not explain how badly I need the extra day off!!!  Charles mentioned possibly taking the girls to see Tangled...better late than never...on Sunday.  Sounds great to me.  Sitting down!  I am in!!  I am hoping to miraculously get my cleaning and laundry done earlier on Saturday, which means as soon as I get home from school today, I will have to get started.  UGGH!  But, I never rest or have any fun on the weekend, and that is LONG over due!  What I really want to do is take a NAP this weekend!  Doesn't that sound amazing??!!!!

When mom's work full time, I think there should be a law that provides free maid service once a week.  Don't you agree??!!

We took the girls to skate night last night for our school.  They had a good time and spent most of the night skating together, holding hands.  Both of them had one bad fall, but to our knowledge, nobody broke any bones or anything!  There was a lot of laughing going on, that's for sure!!

Random fact:  Kennedy has discovered this week that she likes PB&J sandwiches!!  WOO HOO!!!  That makes school lunches MUCH easier to handle!  She had eaten deli sliced chicken sandwiches for 2 weeks, but I got the impression she only tolerated them.  I gave her PBJ on Thurday.  After skate night, I brought her the jars to ask if she liked it.  She said GOOD, quite loudly, and gave a big thumbs up and a smile.  Relief!  Food is slowly becoming less of an "issue".  She seems to like Italian food the best.  That girl can put away some serious meatballs!  Jus' sayin'!

Have I already mentioned that Kennedy now has access to Rosetta Stone in her classroom for learning English???  We are SUPER excited about that!  I think she was tested by the ESL teacher yesterday, and I am heading over to her in a minute to check on those results.  All I can say is that I asked her a question about school yesterday and she actually understood me and answered me in English.  VERY cool.  Mia chimed in and said, "See, mommy.  I am teaching her to talk Weally good!" Why...yes, Mia!  Yes, you are!  ;)

No comments: