Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

No More Training Wheels!!!

Guess who finally decided it was time to ditch the training wheels!!??  That would be Mia!!  She COULD have done it a year or two ago, but she was honestly just scared to.  Charles has tried to get her to practice for a long time, and she occasionally would make it several feet and just jump off.

Today, after Charles got home from out of town...and after being on house arrest with all the sickness in this family...she was FULL of energy and REALLY ready to try.  I was cleaning...imagine that...when I passed by the window, wondering why Charles was RUNNING down the sidewalk.  Then I realized that Mia was blazing by without training wheels!  He always makes her try on the sidewalk, and I think that was part of the problem.  She had to focus so much on staying in a narrow path, then she would hit the grass a little and PANIC!

So, I told him to take her out in the street.  I explained to her it was ONLY ok if an adult was with her and checked for cars first.  With the great wide open in front of her, she made it farther than EVER!!

At one point, I was trying to take a picture, and she came straight at me and a parked car, a bit too fast for her daddy to keep up.  I caught her just in time, or it would have been a disaster.  That's when I realized she was actually NOT wearing her helmet, so we fixed that right then and there!

Stay tuned for a few pics later.  No time now, gotta go watch!  Keep in mind, I snapped the pics BEFORE she got her helmet on.  Don't send nasty comments about it...we DID make her put it on right after the last shot was taken!!  ;)  Safety first!!  Or at least, safety as soon as mommy realized daddy forgot...

No comments: