Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Did I mention the fishing?

The girls and I went to the local sporting goods store on Saturday.  They had a catfish tank set up outside so kids could fish.  Mia and Kennedy both wanted to try it.  Kennedy told me that she did some fishing in China.  The kids could fish for about ten minutes and try to hook the biggest fish they could.  Originally they were going to share a rod, but it turned out that they each got their own.  From the parental perspective, that worked out perfectly.  About a minute in, Mia got a catfish on the hook.  She was the first kid at the tank to land a fish.  After Mia got hers, Kennedy admitted later that she was "praying to Jesus" to catch a fish as well.  With about one minute to go, Kennedy got hers.  Perfect.  No fighting, no crying.   I love it.

The girls totally loved it.  As a matter of fact, we went back to the same store later that night to buy rods & reels for the family.  We even got one for Annie, who was quite a childhood fishing prodigy.  I can't wait to take the family out for a lake fishing trip.

Look at all those fish.  How hard can it be?

It's not hard at all!

Totally easy!
 I've got to say that when Annie and I were filling out paperwork and planning for all of the life changes involved with adopting kids from China, I never expected to see us catfishing in a store parking lot.  Fishing was the farthest thing from my mind, but it's been totally cool this weekend.  Ummmm....I think that we're hooked.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I am a couple of post behind. You guys have been busy. Great job Mia on your crappie, looks great. Great family photos, I noticed a change in Kennedy's smile in these pictures. They look more natural or relax or something, looks great.