Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Later, alligator!

Well, for now...this is the only picture I have, and I am posting it from my phone!  We are back from our second RV trip! Fun was had, but not without a little drama...and...well...damage to the RV.  Our campsite was on a steep hill. When it was time to close things down and head home, the back 2 jacks could not handle the weight and angle as the front one was lowered.  The girls and I were inside when the entire RV jumped and shook.  Charles let out some loud, choice words and came to check on our safety. We were fine and exited quickly.  The two jacks are bent pretty badly.  We will have to get them repaired before our next trip in a couple weeks.   Expensive lesson learned...but things happen!

I am not sure if Charles took pictures of himself and the girls fishing.  The one above is of one of the ALLIGATORS that swam toward them while they were fishing!  They were safely on a pier, thank goodness! 

Anyway, I had a scare a few weeks ago, resulting in a mammogram and ultrasound.  A growth was found in a milk duct.  I had a painful biopsy...well actually 3 biopsies of the area.  Thank goodness, the results came back as benign.  I will have to have surgery soon to remove the duct.  I am hoping sooner than later so I can heal before school starts back!  Needless to say, I had to spend this trip resting in the RV from the bruising and swelling from the biopsy...so I missed most of the fun.  It was nice to relax while looking out at the peaceful forest and water, though!

If Charles has more pictures, I will post some when I can.  Please say a prayer that the surgery goes well...and happens asap!

1 comment:

Sue said...

It is always scary when you have biopsy and glad to hear it wasn't cancerous. Speedy recovery...Glad you guys are having fun on your trips.