Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Today's "God thing"

Proverbs 3:5 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."  It goes on to say "In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

When Annie and I got back into church six years ago, this is one of the first verses that I memorized.  It was a cool one to think about and I thought that I understood what it meant.  Today, I got a living, breathing example of this passage in action.  A couple that I have known for a very long time helped Annie and me with something related to Kennedy's adoption that has very recently been buzzing in our ears.  It was completely unexpected and unsolicited and no less than a small miracle.  I will not embarrass them by identifying them by name, but I will say that they stored up extra treasures in heaven today.

When I told Annie about it tonight, she mentioned that she had been praying about it a lot lately.  I had too, but we hadn't done much more than discuss it in passing with each other.  We've tried leaning on our own understanding of how things can go, but when we prayed and trusted, we got some help.  I guess that prayer does work.  It may not work in ways that you expect, but it does work.  Now, if we would just pray about it together, I suppose that we could move a mountain from here to there. 

You know who you are...THANKS!

1 comment:

Sue said...

great picture and what a pleasant surprise. I am hoping to be able to take pictures for you